This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held in the Wilson Library at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in our reading room, and not digitally available through the World Wide Web. See the Duplication Policy section for more information.
This collection was rehoused under the sponsorship of a grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities, Office of Preservation, Washington, D.C., 1990-1992.
|Abstract||The collection includes a diary, 24 February-1 June, 1858, of Ulmer of Grove Hill, Ala., while attending Tuskegee (Ala.) Female Academy, and a detailed letter, Jonesville, Garrison County, Tex., 1857, from "T. B. A.", describing a horseback journey in northeast Texas and Indian Territory. In her diary, Ulmer described daily events at the school and her activities and those of her friends.|
|Creator||Ulmer, Margaret Anne, fl. 1857-1858.|
The following terms from Library of Congress Subject Headings suggest topics, persons, geography, etc. interspersed through the entire collection; the terms do not usually represent discrete and easily identifiable portions of the collection--such as folders or items.
Clicking on a subject heading below will take you into the University Library's online catalog.
Diary, 102 pp., 24 February-5 June 1858, of Margaret Anne Ulmer of Grove Hill, Ala., kept while she was attending Tuskegee Female Academy, and a typed transcription of a detailed letter, 1857, written from Jonesville, and Lamar and Harrison counties, Tex., from "T.B.A." to his sister. In her diary, Ulmer described daily events at school, her lessons, the health of her friends and teachers, and a revival at the Baptist Church. A typed transcription of the diary is also included. The letter describes a horseback journey in northeast Texas and the adjacent Indian Territory.Back to Top
Processed by: Rebecca Hollingsworth, October 1991
Encoded by: ByteManagers Inc., 2008
This collection was rehoused under the sponsorhship of a grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities, Office of Preservation, Washington, D.C., 1990-1992.Back to Top