This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held in the Wilson Library at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in our reading room, and not digitally available through the World Wide Web. See the Duplication Policy section for more information.
|Abstract||The Law Club was established on 24 July 1848 by students in the University's Law Department for the improvement of composition and oration. The club met monthly until it was disbanded on 30 April 1849. Records include the Law Club's constitution and by-laws, minutes of meetings, election of officers, and membership lists.|
|Creator||University of North Carolina (1793-1962). Law Club.|
The following terms from Library of Congress Subject Headings suggest topics, persons, geography, etc. interspersed through the entire collection; the terms do not usually represent discrete and easily identifiable portions of the collection--such as folders or items.
Clicking on a subject heading below will take you into the University Library's online catalog.
The Law Club was established 24 July 1848 by students in the University's Law Department (established in 1845) for the improvement of composition and oration. The club met monthly until it was disbanded on 30 April 1849.Back to Top
Records of the Law Club include its constitution and by-laws, minutes of meetings, membership lists, and records concerning election of officers.Back to Top
24 July 1848-30 April 1849 #40158, Series: "Law Club of the University of North Carolina Records, 1848-1849." 1
This volume includes the constitution and bylaws, minutes of meetings, records concerning election of officers, and membership lists of the Law Club established 24 July 1848.
Processed by: University Archives Staff
Encoded by: ByteManagers Inc., 2008Back to Top