Collection Number: 40174

Collection Title: Campus Improvement Fund of the University of North Carolina Records, 1924-1926

This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held in the Wilson Library at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in our reading room, and not digitally available through the World Wide Web. See the Duplication Policy section for more information.


expand/collapse Expand/collapse Collection Overview

Size 0.5 feet of linear shelf space (approximately 16 items)
Abstract The Campus Improvement Fund was established in 1923 by donations from William C. Coker, John Sprunt Hill, and James Sprunt. A committee was appointed to apply this money toward the development and beautification of the University of North Carolina campus. The records of the Campus Improvement Fund consist of the financial files of its treasurer, William C. Coker. Included are records, 1924-1926, of contributions and disbursements.
Creator University of North Carolina (1793-1962). Campus Improvement Fund.
Language English.
Back to Top

expand/collapse Expand/collapse Information For Users

Restrictions to Access
No restrictions. Open for research.
Preferred Citation
[Identification of item], in the Campus Improvement Fund of the University of North Carolina Records #40174, University Archives, Wilson Library, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Provenance
Periodic transfer from the offices that create these records.
Sensitive Materials Statement
Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations, the North Carolina Public Records Act (N.C.G.S. § 132 1 et seq.), and Article 7 of the North Carolina State Personnel Act (Privacy of State Employee Personnel Records, N.C.G.S. § 126-22 et seq.). Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g., a cause of action under common law for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill assumes no responsibility.
Back to Top

expand/collapse Expand/collapse Subject Headings

The following terms from Library of Congress Subject Headings suggest topics, persons, geography, etc. interspersed through the entire collection; the terms do not usually represent discrete and easily identifiable portions of the collection--such as folders or items.

Clicking on a subject heading below will take you into the University Library's online catalog.

Clicking on a subject heading below will take you into the University Library's online catalog.

Back to Top

expand/collapse Expand/collapse Historical Information

The Campus Improvement Fund was established in 1923 by donations from William C. Coker, John Sprunt Hill, and James Sprunt. A committee was appointed to apply this money toward the development and beautification of the University of North Carolina campus.

Back to Top

expand/collapse Expand/collapse Scope and Content

The records of the University of North Carolina Campus Improvement Fund consist of the financial files of its treasurer, William C. Coker. Included are records, 1924-1926, of contributions and disbursements.

Back to Top

Contents list

expand/collapse Expand/collapse Campus Improvement Fund of the University of North Carolina Records.

The records of the University of North Carolina Campus Improvement Fund consist of the financial files of its treasurer, William C. Coker. Included are records, 1924-1926, of contributions and disbursements.

Folder 1

Financial Files, 1924-1926 #40174, Series: "Campus Improvement Fund of the University of North Carolina Records." Folder 1

Back to Top