This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held in the Wilson Library at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in our reading room, and not digitally available through the World Wide Web. See the Duplication Policy section for more information.
|Size||1.5 feet of linear shelf space (approximately 1000 items)|
|Abstract||The Music Library at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill was established in the early 1930s to support the Department of Music's curriculm. Records of the Music Library include correspondence, statistics, and other materials relating to acquistions, staffing, library use, the budget, and planning for the library.|
|Creator||University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Music Library|
The following terms from Library of Congress Subject Headings suggest topics, persons, geography, etc. interspersed through the entire collection; the terms do not usually represent discrete and easily identifiable portions of the collection--such as folders or items.
Clicking on a subject heading below will take you into the University Library's online catalog.
The Music Library at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill was founded by Music Department head Glen Haydon to support the Department's curriculum. The library operated out of the basement of Hill Hall and for years was plagued by inadequate space, pest infestation, and flooding. In 2003, the Music Library relocated to Wilson Library.Back to Top
Music Library records include correspondence, statistics, and other information relating to acquistions, staffing, usage, the budget, and planning for the library.Back to Top
Processed by: Adam Berenbak, December 2008
Encoded by: Jennie Clements, June 2010Back to Top